I made two more pieces from the oliver + s Hopscotch pattern, this time shirts, both upcycled from my old shirts. Neither were actually very old, they just had stains that I was able to work around when sizing them down for Louisa.
The stains on the turquoise one prevented me from using the factory hems so I cuffed it with the oliver + s city weekend interlock that I used for her dress. I cut the bottom cuff a little short and stretched it to fit the bottom of the shirt to give it a little bubble effect.
I was too lazy to change the thread on my serger for the purple version, so it's got pale pink seams, but it's just a play shirt after all.
I highly recommend this pattern! By my third time I barely even had to look at the directions, and since I was able to use the factory hems on this one for the sleeves and bottom, it took me less than two hours from start to finish.
Looking forward to making the skirt some time, too. Louisa will love the pockets.
I think Leo's trying to tell me he's due for the next shirt...